Friday, July 23, 2010

Beta day 1

To my great joy I got my PC back today :D

The first thing I did was to start the installation of Cataclysm!

It took about 2hours I think, and to my great suprise it actually worked!!

I copied my first (and only so far) character.
My Warlock.
My heart may wander off from time to time, but in the end it´s cold hearted and belongs to my lock ;)

beta

The characters move more than now on the logg in screen.
The warlock did a shadow dmg looking thing, and possibly a life tap :P

(If any of my English speaking friends actually turn up here, click on images to make them full size ^^ )

I logged in and looked alittle at Dalaran.
But my main goal was to creat a worgen.

Recieved alot of "faliure", took a look at the forums, and "worgens" had been taken off-line for repairs, so that explained it...

I have spent about 2hours on my Warlock.
My goal was to complete ONE quest.
This proved to be a challange I failed to complete :P haha

Basically I havent found the start zone yet *LOL*
This is a great example why I need Beta.
I am not a bad player. But I don´t like change, and here where there haven´t been a obvious questline...
This means I will learn this before the release, and I will level fast *lmao*


beta2

Discovered I could fly in Stormwind :)

Took the boat that was supposed to lead to a quest....
I went 3 rounds on the boat, half an hour wasted:P

Decided to leave the boat, flew around....
I found 2 different flightpaths....

Then to my joy I saw "!" which means quest givers.
They were underwater.
No problem I thought, I am a warlock for godsake, I have underwater breathing....

Did I have underwater breathing?
no, ofc not *horror*

I swam veeeery deep..... Sadly realized that must have been a bad decition....
Turned around....
But it was to late...

beta3

I drowned and died...

I managed to DIE even before I completed 1 quest!!

Then i used my Heartstone.... Got a fatal error crash

Decided to give up for the evening :D haha

I have logged into the normal WOW, used portals and used my heartstone, no fatal errors....
Considering I got the PC back today I had to check.....

So it was just a warm welcome from the Beta!

Summary of Day 1:

It has been alot of fun, I love the privilege:P

However I look forward to actually finding some game content, HAHA

There were not enough energy for me today to copy more characters or start leveling one....

*Gossip pink signs out for the night*

2 comments:

Ann-Christin said...

Fattar som vanligt inget, men....... hoppas du njuter!

Johanna said...

Jag är i "spel himmelriket" :)

Känns mest logiskt att skriva om denna resan på engelska. Bloggen kommer i alla andra saker fortsätta vara på svenska. Men detta Beta spelandet är lite speciellt för mig :)