Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Perfect Genetics Challenge

I decided to give it a try and do a "Sims 3" challenge.

Just for fun. I will take it in my own speed, just doing to for the fun, and to give the game some form of (more) meaning and a little bit of a challenge :)

The goal is to carry two extreme genetic traits if I can call it that, through 10 Sim generations.

You start by creating a sim (Male/female, don´t matther).
You have to make the hair extreme in some way.
I also choose to make the eyes extreme, so I would never have any doubts about if I have succeded or not :)



This Is a link to where the rules are ; Perfect genetics



Meet the Coopers

There will be screenshots in different posts that will show the two sims special feautures better.
In the beginning I didn´t know if I was gonna like the challange or not, so I didn´t take many screenies :P


I decided to start of my challenge with Ariel Cooper.
A young man that was born with "supernatural" soft green eyes and the faith of a super pink hair colour :P

He fell in love with and married Luna, the future mrs Cooper. A young woman with brown hair and deep, but still bright blue eyes.

Luna´s hope in life was a large family.
Faith might not bless her with the wish for many children of her own. But faith will most deffinetly give her a large family:P


My own rule adjustments:

Only 2 changes believe it or not!

I will not give my Sim who is going to carry on the legacy the "disslikes children" trait.
The reason behind this is simple. I play the game to have fun/enjoy it. And I would not enjoy that.

The second thing is;
I will do random roll´s on the traits on all sims.
With the exception of the first time they age up.
I wont allow the trait "evil". I can´t see myself play a Sim that´s evil for a long period of time.

The reason why I will keep this first "age up" safe  is because I will never know when I am lucky and get "the Sim with the perfect genetics".
After I know which sim it is, I will have no issue with keeping the other sims random.



This is also going to be the first time for me to play full "life" of the sim toons.
I always play with "epic/long age" or have it turned of.
So I have never played a elder sim myself.

Over the months this is probably going to take, I am going to experience to see my sim´s die eventually. This will be hard, but otherwise I will have a sim world with only my sims in it *lol*

I am allowing myself to keep sims alive if I like.
This will be done by obtaining enough (65 000) Life time reward points to buy "Age Freeze"

In a large family I can see the founder being able to obtain those points during the game play.
If not I will allow the poition from the chemestry bench.
Since that means someone in the family have to get the logic skill high enough, and then actually discover it and pay for it.

But I don´t think this will be a problem.

Luna Cooper for example;
I stuck by that household untill I could buy it for her.
Ariel was to far away on the points. So we will wait and see his faith.

I will get attatched to all the sims, I know that. But I do think I will only feel the need to keep a few as imortals.

Long intro, but now the story of my journey to complete this challenge :)
The blogg is mostly for myself. I suspect it is going to be fun to be able to look back and see how things have progressed... Good times, and in game Struggle times :P

No comments: